Rules and Protocols
Participants are asked to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Participants must report serious injuries to 911
- If two participants enter the door at the same time, BOTH MUST scan their entry pass.
- Wear outdoor shoes to the gym, leave them at the front door and change into indoor shoes once inside.
- No using the studio, even if there is no class going on, please stay on the gym side.
- Change in the shower rooms or washroom but please take your belongings with you in a bag out of the room in respect for other members.
- Bags may go up against the wall or with you beside your workout space as long as it is not in the way of another member.
- Please show respect for the equipment, facility, and toward others using the center.
- Do not move or rearrange the equipment and/or exercise machines, unless otherwise permitted. No horseplay or loud offensive language will be tolerated.
- Use a spotter when lifting heavy weights and please do not drop or throw the weights. Keep hands and loose clothes away from weight stacks, cables, and pulleys.
- To assure that all participants are able to use the machines, please limit use of cardio machines to 30 minutes when others are waiting. Proper attire is required at all times: Shirts and athletic shoes must be worn. No sandals, open toe shoes, or bare feet. No belt buckles, blue jeans or loose jewelry may be worn in the workout area.
- Please avoid the use of heavy perfume or cologne.
- Please be courteous at all times.
- Swearing, Grunting, and derogatory remarks involving any other member or club personnel will not be permitted
- Allow others to work in during your rest Periods.
- Keep hands and feet away from all moving parts and weight stacks.
- Do not attempt to repair or adjust any equipment that has malfunctioned.
- Report any equipment problem immediately to the staff'
- Always use a spotter when attempting maximum weight.
- Collars and clips must be used for free bar lifting.
- Plastic water bottles are allowed. All other drinks, food, and glass containers are not allowed.
- The use of photographic equipment to take pictures of any person in the fitness center is prohibited without consent.
- Please wipe off equipment after use with the sanitizer(s) that is provided.. PLEASE DO NOT SPRAY DIRECTLY ON EQUIPMENT, SPRAY ON TOWEL AND THEN WIPE to avoid damaging equipment.
- Please pick up trash, towels, and personal belongings before leaving. Try to leave the center in better condition than when you arrived.
- Consult your physician prior to undertaking exercise in the center.
Congratulations and thank you for registering for a membership at our facility! We are honored to provide you access at any time to Uptown Gym Ltd. (“Uptown Gym”). We consider this lovely facility our home, and hope you feel the same. As such, you are aware that there will be no supervision or assistance and we ask that you treat the facility in a respectful manner, adhering to the following:
- Uptown Gym provides Emergency Notification Devices that link to local EMS that you may push when you are in the facility by yourself. Please use this in an emergency! You are also aware that if you are injured, become unconscious, suffer a stroke or heart attack, that this facility has no one on duty to provide assistance to you.
- You agree to allow access to the after-hours door to NO ONE other than yourself, not even other members (each member must scan their own entry pass). You understand and accept that a $70 charge to your account will be assessed if you violate this rule. If this rule is violated repeatedly current membership may be dissolved and future membership may be denied. Additionally, you recognize this is a violation, and personally take on any and all legal liability should injury occur, to your unauthorized guest(s).
- You (each member, guest, or participant) agree that if you engage in any physical exercise or activity or use any Uptown Gym amenity on or off premises including any sponsored club event, you do so entirely at your own risk. You agree that you are voluntarily participating in the use of this facility and assume all risks of injury, illness, or death.
- Uptown Gym is not responsible for any loss of your personal property.
- You agree to put away all equipment used during your workout. This includes, but is NOT limited to: dumbbells, weight plates, barbells, accessories, pvc pipes, mats, jump ropes, weight belts, foam rollers, benches, etc. You understand that repeated failure to do so may result in an automatic $15 fee charge to your member account.
- Student members policy (minors): You agree to the following:
- a) Student family member MUST be registered with Uptown Gym.
- b) 3 mo - 17 yrs old must be within 10’ of parent at all times OR in childcare during regular CHILDCARE hours. If your minor child does not behave, Uptown Gym may ask you to make other arrangements.
- c) Childcare room use is only permitted during regular childcare hours and is an additional $40/month +gst fee.
- d) Each Student Member (ages 14-17) will be permitted to use entire facility without adult supervision; upon parent/guardian signing the waiver with the student present and on a case by case basis. (email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info). Uptown Gym reserves the right, in its discretion, to require that a parent or guardian accompany a minor.
- You must check in. You have two options for checking-in to Uptown Gym, either by (1) enrolling in the mobile phone entry system which allows you to access Uptown Gym with your mobile phone ap. All members who enter the building must scan their entry pass or (2) bringing in an original photo ID*only available during staffed hours. *Photo IDs can be an original driver's license.
Gym Protocol continued
- MEMBERSHIP FREEZE POLICY- Uptown Gym will only freeze your membership on a case by case basis. Enquire email@example.com
- GENERAL POLICIES FOR MINORS- Please check with the front desk (when staffed) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for specific Rules, Policies and fees covering the childminding and minors. You and your minor children must follow any such Rules or Policies and pay any applicable fees. To join, all minors need the financial guaranty of a parent or guardian and the parent or guardian must sign the membership agreement.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS AND ACTIVITIES- No Alcohol, Drugs, or Smoking: You cannot engage in any activity at Uptown Gym while under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol. Uptown Gym does not permit smoking, alcohol, or illegal drugs, including steroids, in any of its facilities.
No Weapons: No weapons of any kind are permitted in Uptown Gym facilities.
Taking photos or filming of others is not permitted without their prior knowledge and consent, and under no circumstances is any photography or filming permitted within the childminding, showers or washrooms.
Food & Beverages: Uptown Gym reserves the right to limit the consumption of food or beverages in workout areas.
Personal Training: No member may train another member for compensation. If Uptown Gym determines that such training occurs at Uptown Gym, the trainer and/or trainee may lose their membership.
Outside Equipment: Uptown Gym reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or restrict the use of outside equipment in Uptown Gym.
- VIOLATION OF POLICIES OR RULES- If any member or guest violates any of the Policies or Rules, Uptown Gym will ask that person to stop or leave. A member’s violation of any of the Policies or Rules may also cause Uptown Gym, in its sole discretion, to terminate that person’s membership and/or other agreements.