We are still hangin in there despite all the restrictions! Uptown Gym is open for its members, appointment only. Please call for details 403-994-0606
Stay on top of your goals and schedule an appointment today! You can schedule up to 8 days in advance for a one hour block of time. We are adhering to current Covid restrictions so be sure to schedule in advance to secure your spot. It’s imperative that you let us know when you cannot make your appointment so that someone else can have it. If you are unable to cancel online call please!
What do you think about eating before your workout?
Some studies have shown that with the right approach, a pre-workout snack or meal can give you the energy and nutrients you need to crush your goals. A good snack can be consumed 30 to 60 minutes before a workout. If you’re working out first thing in the am, its ok to wait until after, but be sure to refuel within an hour afterward!
Food should fuel your workout, not hinder it! Definitely avoid any foods that typically make you feel bloated or uncomfortable.
And steer clear of food that’s high in fiber, protein, and fat, especially if you’re less than three hours from your workout.
Opt for Carbs -Which carbs should you eat before a workout?
- For longer-lasting energy, choose slow-digesting complex carbs (like fruits, veggies, beans, and whole grains) rather than simple carbs (like white bread or candy)
- If you’re doing a shorter workout, simple carbs can provide immediate energy, that way your body can take advantage of the glucose.
- For longer workouts that require endurance, like running, focus on eating both complex and simple carbs to help you power through from start to finish
Some options for a balanced full preworkout meal include:
- Lean protein with rice or quinoa and steamed vegetables
- Breakfast burrito with avocado, vegetables, and lean protein
- Sandwich made with whole-wheat bread, lean protein, and vegetables with a side salad or sweet potato
A few preworkout snacks to try include:
- Greek yogurt with fruit
- Fresh fruit (like a banana, apple, or orange)
- A bowl of cereal with milk
- Trail mix with dried fruit and mixed nuts
Be sure to do what feels right! If it doesn’t feel good, try something else! there is no RIGHT way to do it. Happy Working out! Happy Eating!